Other ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD (Updated Nov 18, 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 10, 2008
The rules have been cleaned up. All existing threads need to comply within a certain time, or they will be deleted. No exceptions.

Threads that are not complying with the rules will be moved to the H-Section until they are fixed.
  • Threads that do not have enough information in their OP will be deleted in two weeks, on September 9, 2018, 12:00 AM EST. They are currently moved out to the Hentai section. I understand that some OPs are not even in the forum anymore, so if anybody would like to volunteer to write up an OP for a particular thread, PM me what you want on the post and I will handle it.
  • Threads not following the title format currently will not be deleted, but I will be editing each one of them in the coming weeks to get them in compliance. Any new threads made during this time not complying with the format will have until September 9, 2018, 12:00 AM EST to fix it.
  • Threads with incomplete games that are funded by Patreon-type models will be moved to the Under Construction section for the time being.
If you think a thread that has been moved should not be there, PM me with an explanation why.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 10, 2008
More transparency is probably good in the face of changes, so allow me to go into more detail on the coming months for this section.

Regarding the seperation of threads
I have listened to many suggestions from forum goers about how to reorganize the place. The following list is what I will be trying out in regards to moving threads:

Crowdfunded games vs Non-crowdfunded games (How it is currently being split up)
Incomplete vs Complete games
Active vs Inactive threads (Cut off date will likely be anything not posted in for 3+ months)

Please note that during these splits, threads will be moving in and out of the Under Construction (Name change pending) section. The reason for seperating based on these criteria is simply to observe how forum traffic ends up changing. The goal is to evenly split traffic as much as possible, while simultaneously creating a easy-to-navigate, easy-to-categorize forum.

Regarding splitting by genre
Splitting by genre, in theory, easily makes the most sense. However, the execution necessary would require more than just my own efforts. I've come to the conclusion that upgrading the prefix system is the logical first step to this (making new sections can be attempted afterwards), but this requires administrative intervention. I will submit a sample of prefixes to request to be added to the prefix, and also ask for multiple prefixes be allowed. This will occur while I am reorganizing threads based on the criteria listed above.

Due to the sheer volume of games to be categorized, I will eventually be requesting volunteers to help with this. Volunteers will either be given temporary moderating powers to tag threads appropriately, or will simply send PMs to me of threads and suggested tags. More detail to come.

Regarding the incoming thread deletions
Some people may have noticed that I haven't moved a vast majority of threads out to the H-Section to be deleted. This is because I am giving everybody time to write better OPs, instead of deleting all of them wholesale. I will be doing this for a number of weeks with small batches of threads each time. If I find that people really don't care to write new OPs, I will end the batch movements, and simply delete all threads not in compliance.

Regarding recent bans
Some of you may have also noticed that there have been bans handed out more frequently. This is due to link requesting. As of two days ago, I have officially begun implementing the link request rule (quoted on the bottom). Currently, the punishment is a 2 day ban. This WILL be increasing after September 8, 2018 to become a two week ban, to coincide the deletion of the current threads found to be of low effort/quality.

As a refresher:

Do not ask for download links for ANY reason.

This includes download links to the games and translation links. This also includes asking for somebody to PM you either of the two. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 2 day ban. Exemptions to this rule are as follows:
  • Asking for a save file.
  • Asking for a certain game file due to technical issues.
  • Reporting a dead link. Note that this does not mean you are allowed to ask for a link. You are only allowed to report that links are down. You must include a quote to the dead link in question.

You will notice, however, that this rule applies to ASKING for links. The only rule for POSTING links is that it’s not already banned content and the developer hasn’t explicitly asked not for links to be distributed.

Please note that aside from the two week deletion cycle, there are no hard dates for any of these changes for now.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 10, 2008
The first deletions have occurred. With this, the adjustment period has ended and the rules will now be fully enforced.

• Link requests will now be 1 week bans.
  • Any new threads that do not meet rule standards will be immediately deleted. Subsequent reposts of threads that still do not meet standards will result in a 2 day ban.
  • Posting loli/shota content will result in a 3 day ban. It is moderator discretion to determine what is and isn't underage.
  • Behavior issues will be a one warning system, then a 1 week ban minimum.
Subsequent offenses of any of the rules will result in higher and higher ban lengths.

New prefix tags:
Users may have also noticed that there are now new prefix tags for making new threads. We've been in discussion with the admins and they confirmed that it will be possible to add multiple tags to threads, but will be implemented at a later date. For now, we will have to use broad prefixes to describe threads.

I ask that everybody refrain from using the following tags, as they will either be obsoleted, or are tags that will be manually added by the moderation team later:
  • RPG Maker
  • Complete
  • Incomplete
  • Other
  • Dead Links
The following new prefixes have been added/changed:
  • ACT
  • ADV
  • RPG
  • VN/TEXT
If you have any questions about what prefix to use, I ask that you first use your best judgement to decide yourself. If you do need some guidelines, I can provide a brief description of how I feel games can be categorized with these. There is no punishment for incorrectly labeling a thread, so long as there is a label.
ACT - A game that requires real-time input and real-time responses to inputs. Games like side scrollers, fighters, simulators or pretty much anything reaction based.
ADV - A game that does not have realtime input and response, but does not utilize RPG elements as a core element in gameplay. Games like puzzles, strategy, and complex VNs (Sengoku Rance, for instance) would fit under here.
RPG - A game that has traditional RPG elements as its core gameplay. This means WolfRPG games and other engines fall under this. For right now, add all RPGMaker games that are actually RPGs into this.
VN/TEXT - A basic text only, or text + CG (eroge novel) game. If the game implements more complex features or is otherwise introducing actual gameplay elements beyond click-to-advance storytelling, then it doesn't belong here.

There will be another batch of threads being moved for deletion in the coming days. The deletion date will be September 22nd, 2018 at 12:00 am EST.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 10, 2008
The September 22nd deletions have occurred. I will be moving another 120 threads into the H-Section this weekend for deletion. Reminder that to preserve a thread, send a PM to either myself or @super_slicer with an updated OP. We will edit it and move it back.

To meet the criteria for being moved back, the OP simply needs to be able to answer the question "What is this game?" This applies to gameplay, meaning OPs that only describe a plot do not fit this criteria.

I have also updated the rules based on some questions I've received; namely, thread OP rules and the loli rule.

If the game your thread is about is not far along in development enough to give the required information, note that in the OP immediately. Then simply put as much information as you can find in the OP. Speculation, preview images, and updates from the developer are highly encouraged. The thread OP is expected to continue updating until it can meet the requirements of the rules. If a mod finds that the game has enough information released, but the OP is not updated, they may choose how to deal with it. To avoid low-effort OPs, any game that has so little information that absolutely nothing can be gleaned off it should be moved to the H-Games Discussion section. Moderator discretion is in full effect.

The loli rule has been updated for more clarity. Threads and discussion of loli/shota content are, and always have been, allowed. Linking to actual content is not, and never has been, allowed.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 10, 2008
Thread creation rule has been updated.

Threads with the following content will need to be explicitly mentioned in the OP:
  • Guro/Ryona
  • Vore
  • NTR
  • Loli/Shota
Threads that do not have any of this content will still be expected to mention major fetishes found in the game.

Also, a reminder: The "What is this game?" criteria for OPs only applies to threads that were created before the new rule implementation. Any thread created after are subject to the new rules, and thus, are treated with far more scrutiny.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 10, 2008
The October 6th deletions have occurred. As before, the next round of deletions will occur on October 20th, 2018, at 12:00 AM EST. Due to recent events, I want to make some more clarifications on the rules.

Regarding link requests, asking for save files are allowed in the forum. This is not the same as asking for download links to entire games. This includes making a thread OP that contains a request for a save file. Thread OPs must still contain all of the minimum information as detailed in the rules.

The Games Under Construction section follow the same rules as the H-Games section, with either some modifications, or additions. If you are going to create a thread there, keep in mind that they must follow the thread creation guidelines, or they will be deleted.

Speaking of thread deletions, please keep in mind that all threads that do not comply with thread title formatting standards or OP standards will be deleted. It is moderator discretion whether or not they will tell you.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 10, 2008
The October 20th deletions have occurred. The next round of deletions will occur on November 3rd, 2018, at 12:00 AM EST. A reminder that to save threads, you just need to PM a moderator with an updated OP of the thread that can answer the question "What is this game?" in terms of gameplay.

Please note that only threads that were created prior to the new ruleset being enforced are being held to this standard. All threads made after that date (Aug 24, 2018) will be deleted if it does not conform to the current section rules of thread creation. This includes improper thread title, creating the thread in an incorrect section, and insufficient information in OP. Moderators reserve the right to inform the user why.

This extends to games that are crowdfunded. If the OP does not contain the necessary information, they are also subject to deletion, regardless whether the developer is the thread maker.

Another reminder regarding prefixes. Please do not use the following tags, as they will be obsoleted at a later date: RPG Maker, Incomplete, Other, Dead Links.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Tentacle God
Nov 17, 2010
YOUR OP MUST LOOK LIKE THIS OR IT WILL BE DELETED.
This part goes in the title bar:
[DevnameEnglish] [DevnameNative] Game title English / Game title Native RJcode

If there are no English versions of these names do not make up your own! Leave the fields out.

This is what the OP itself should contain.:

Pictures of the game:

Games with characters that APPEAR underaged or have a loli/shota tag are exempt from this!

Link to source of information:
http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ22803.html
http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE22803.html

Description of Gameplay:
This is an action platformer, take control of the stickman and guide him through levels filled with enemies and traps, defeat or avoid them to progress to the level's boss which you must defeat. There are various powerups and usable items that you can find along the way to help you achieve this. H content can be seen by being knocked down by certain enemies and not filling the struggle bar fast enough or falling into a trap. Every enemy and trap have their own H scenes.

DO NOT SKIMP ON THIS The reader should get an accurate idea of what is in store for them even if they've never played a game before.

Controls:
Left / Right Arrow keys: Movement
Down Arrow: Crouch
Space: Jump
Z: Attack
X: Block
C: Use Item

If a game uses a common control scheme such as RPGMaker games, or point and click visual novels you only need to state that. Otherwise this MUST be filled out.

Description of story:
This game is about a stickman trying to save his stickwoman from an evil king that abducted her on their wedding night. Now the stickman must defeat the evil king and his guardians.

Fetishes: Yaoi, Reverse Rape, Giantess, Bondage, Futanari, NTR

Guro/Ryona, Vore, NTR, Loli/Shota must be listed explicity if the game contains any.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 10, 2008
The November 3rd deletions have occurred. The rules have been updated to encompass situations where the thread is not necessarily a full game, but a significant addition/modification to it. The thread title format has also been revised to be more clear, as well as usage of parentheses () in thread titles.

As we are nearing completion of the initial reorganization, I would like to remind everybody that the mods do not have to remind people about the rules and are free to simply enforce them without informing why. It is the community's job to keep up to date with the rules and if they have any questions, to feel free to contact a moderator for clarification.

We have not been enforcing the rules as strictly in the Games Under Construction section because we are currently focused more on the bulk of H-Games section. When this effort is completed, we will be doing the same over there.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 10, 2008
You may have noticed a couple days ago that the forum went down for a couple hours for an update. Aside from maintenance and upgrading some server hardware, the H-Section now also offers multiple prefixes, as well as reintroduced tagging.

Currently, not all the prefixes that I have planned have been added, but there will be a thread update on how to use the prefixes when they're implemented. For now, I would like everybody to feel free to try them out. The current plan is to have every thread tagged with one genre prefix and 1-3 content prefixes. I'll have a more formal definition of what those are and how you should go about choosing them, but for now, the genre prefixes are still the same as usual, but you can now add more prefixes like the RPG Maker prefix.

The tagging system is the same as most other tagging systems you'd see in forums.

Simply put, at the top of a thread, there is now a small icon for tagging. If you click on it, you should be able to add a tag to the thread to help the search engine find threads more easily.

Please let me, the mod team, or the admin team know if there are any issues with this update.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 10, 2008
The November 17 deletions have occurred. The next deletions will occur on December 1st, 2018 at 12:00 AM EST.

Now that people have been getting used to the new rules, I would like to further raise the standards of posting. From now on, it is no longer acceptable to just copy-paste a translation of DLSite descriptions. This includes explanations of plot or gameplay. You must write, or at least paraphrase, your own description.

I would also like to remind everybody that only threads created before the new implementation of the rules need to follow the bare minimum requirement of describing gameplay. Any new threads being created needs to put forth actual effort in its description. Whether a thread holds up to standards is up to moderator discretion. While this is a very subjective rule, I would advise potential thread creators to note that simply stating the genre of the game is usually not looked upon favorably when being reviewed by a moderator.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 10, 2008
Some of you have noted that some of the threads that have been moved back to the H-Section for deletion were ones that were previously cleared before. I would like to point to this post, specifically the part about not skimping on gameplay description. As I've said from the previous announcement, it has been several months with the new rules being in place. I believe this is more than enough time to become acclimated to a higher standard of posting. Because the moderation team has finished its first round of categorizing and labelling every thread in the H-Games section, we are now making a second sweep of the forum, holding threads to a higher standard now.

Many of the previously updated threads added one to two sentences of gameplay description in order to avoid the deletion, which is fine if your only intention is to to preserve the thread. However, the end goal of these standards-raising guidelines is to ensure that the forum begins naturally posting at a higher level of coherence and depth. Some of you have also asked me to be more specific about what I'm looking for, which is honestly a little disappointing to hear; I thought it was pretty easy to tell what constitutes a well-written OP and one that barely scrapes by on technicalities. While there is no formal definition or guideline we're adhering to, I can tell you that if the gameplay description of a thread consists of one to two sentences that explain the system at a very high level, we will usually consider that the bare minimum of meeting requirements. Even in the most standard of RPG Maker games, you can very easily have at least a paragraph talking about the specifics of something that separates that game from other games. It could be about a clothing system, quest system, what kinds of skills a character might have, whatever. There is literally an entire game's worth of information you can write about.

To those of you who have previously updated threads that now see them back in the H-Section, you may feel free to PM myself or other mods to ask for it to be moved back without further edits, but consider this a warning of future "quality checks"; if the thread got pinged a second time, it is still not considered a well-written OP and will likely be deleted anyway as we become less and less lax about it.

Edit - I would like to add that we are not looking for, nor expecting people to write essays about games with standard RPG Maker mechanics. At the same time, writing a laundry list of gameplay mechanics in a single sentence without actually explaining them isn't what we're looking for either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.