TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Dec 9, 2012
Now that's something I haven't seen in a long time... what is this 'video cut scene' about anyway? Hmmm...
There's a new intro video that shows our logo and the first MoGi falling from the sky as well as a specific cutscene for the tower. It's extra visual flair.

Jul 19, 2016
It's sad that the official AM2R sold terribly. Metroid fans kind of disappointed me on that end T_T
The fangame was amazing though.
Sold? AM2R was never a priced game. It's a free fan remake that's still being updated today. The reason it got shut down was because the original creator got a DMCA from Nintendo and was forced to stop distributing it. But one guy on Reddit basically said 'screw that' and started making updates himself.

I seriously recommend you find and play it. It's a really well made game that deserves a play.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018
Sold? AM2R was never a priced game. It's a free fan remake that's still being updated today. The reason it got shut down was because the original creator got a DMCA from Nintendo and was forced to stop distributing it. But one guy on Reddit basically said 'screw that' and started making updates himself.

I seriously recommend you find and play it. It's a really well made game that deserves a play.
Metroid Samus Returns was a response to AM2R. It's the official 2D metroid game that was released after AM2R was taken down. Samus Returns is a fantastic game, I'd argue slightly superior to AM2R, but got no traction.

If you want to continue this conversation, let's do so in PMs :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SiphonTalvesh Citadel of Corruption 58