ACT [excessm] New Game (estimated release in 2019) - no working title so far

Someone92

Demon Girl
Mar 27, 2010
I've (hopefully) quoted all posts in the thread about his last game, Smash Boy, talking about his new game in development:
http://real-bb.com/threads/excessm-oneshotaact-sumasshubooi-smash-boy-rj225414.11767/

http://ci-en.jp/creator/1866/article/19275
Excess-M's subscription service thingamabobby is up now.
Throw him some cash if you wanna be filled in on the next game-- progress seems to have already started.
... I would, if I knew how to use ci-en; but I don't think you can use it with a US card. Even if you can, I think I'll hold off just because it's a new card, and for whatever bit of shame I have left, I'd rather not make my first purchase hentai related, haha.

EDIT: In case a mod sees this and worries, the link didn't show any explicit content when I checked; Just some kanji over a blurred image. If that changes, though, I'll take it down.
He uploaded an ad for the new game/ci-en on his Pixiv which also features a succubus. I'm assuming she'll be in the game or otherwise be associated with it.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=70556405
As far as US cards go, you should be able to as long as you call and say you'll be making international purchases. At least I think that's what I did. Now I can use my card on any of the various Japanese "H" sites. Ci-En is also in the same network of DLsite, so if you can pay for things there, you should also be able to do so on Ci-En.

As far as their new game goes, it's going to be the same side-scrolling type game, improving on the foundations of Smash Boy, but in a fantasy setting like Parade Buster. The post had a ton of images of the MC sprites and other characters, including enemies, but I won't post them. You'll have to just support the circle yourself if you want to see.
I really hope his next title has better quality anims, even if it means cutting back on other things. His first three titles were so good.
I have used my google-fu to translate the first post on the ci-en. Expect some incorrect information,

The new game is going to be a sequel to the first oneshota game with the gameplay of smash boy.
You play as a prince in the "dream realm" (I think?) named Reve.
The dream knight dude from the first 2 games will make an appearance again.

The enemies are mostly going to be moster girls/succubi, and every single one of them will have a game over scene.
He says it will be like the boss game overs from parade buster but for every mob.
The images show mostly human looking enemies so no real "monsters" yet. Most of the ones shown dont even have any non-human features like a tail or wings, just normal.

The release is aimed for 2019 with no specific date.
He says he'll update with more enemy designs later this month.

Take all this with a grain of sceptisism since this is just what i gathered from google translate, there was no mention of a english translation yet.
I can read japanese, just post/pm me the original and I'll take a crack at translating it.
Oneshota+Smashboy is like the guy who put Rock and Christian Music together aaaaa
Nice, so basically all things that SmashBoy was lacking.

Any chance you could share some of the images?
Since probably unlikely anyone gonna post images from that, and I don’t speak Japanese, can someone instruct me how to sign up for his service?
He put an update on his new game in the pay wall site, can anyone summarize?
First enemies done.
Its a normal succubus and a similar but younger looking imp.
First boss is a minotaur.
He hasnt been able to work too much on the game due to moving, but will catch up next month he thinks.
There are some sneak peak at the H-animations and they will function like smash boy. However the cg cutins will now feature additional enemies that holds you down.
So if for example the imp grabs you the animation+cg plays, but if a succubus joins in both the animation and cg will feature the succubus. Usually only the basic animation will have them, now the cg will too.
I'm glad that his next game is going to have a medieval setting just like Parade Buster.
He just posted a new update, may you spoil us?

I really want to support him and see the content myself, but i don´t know how, they do not let me log in, i apologize for asking info.
Really?
I'm not seeing anything new on the Ci-en page.
He's got only 2 posts and they were both put up at the beginning of a month.
I noted the October update already and will continue to keep you updated when he releases anything new.

Let's wait for November and hope for an update!
I believe that is only an ad he stickied on his twitter feed. Nothing new has been posted unfortunately.
New update, can anyone update?
Its all previews of new enemies.
We got a mermaid, a snow lady, a sheep and the werewolf from parade buster.
The only gameplay he mentions is that he want to make it like oneshota 2, as your exitement builds up you'll get weaker and slower.

And now some images.

Theres no pictures in your spoiler my dude! Any chance of a re-upload? I'm SUPPER curious about his new project but can't sub to his moon-rune patreon thing.
Hm?
I see them just fine.
Maybe I have some weird setting on. Or maye you have some weird setting on? :^)

Use this instead then
Thanks a Bunche for posting!
Thanks a bunch man.

Love me some frost Cammy. :p
He just updated, anyone wants to post what he said? probably the release date.....
We got 5 more monsters.
A witch.
A scylla.
A harpy.
A mandragora.
And a Giant.

Here are the images:

I don't think I mentioned that all enemies also have completed H-images you can see if you support him. 2 versions for each.

Nothing on the release except he's aiming for 2019 with a steady pace.
Bless you man. I really like the witch one.
Any way we can see the h images? I’d love to support him, but not speaking Japanese, I can’t do the Japanese dlsite to access it!
Any idea when this new excessm game is releasing?
just last page it was said he's aiming for 2019

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Nov 19, 2013
Kinda sad he isn't sticking to Parade Buster's POI combat/CR style but nonetheless SHEEPGIRL

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Jul 9, 2014
I don't know, I do kinda like smash boy's combat style more though I can't say the same for the rape

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Jul 26, 2013
FWIW, Smash Boy's battle mechanics were unnecessarily complicated for the actual content of the game. There were like, a million different ways to accomplish the same exact thing: a button masher.

Dan Druff

Jungle Girl
Jun 2, 2015
I think zzinzinz needs to stop using Wolf RPG and use something more friendly to controllers. Smash Boy felt more like an online RPG that you point and click all the time than a real brawler where you can walk diagonally. The enemies can move normally across the screen, but the player was stuck on three planes.

Jul 8, 2018
I'm kinda long winded, so spoilers that aren't spoilers ahoy!
But the fighting moves were so flashy and cool!
Al's punches and kicks lit up my screen with reds and pinks like some kind of Valentine's Day themed EDM concert (weird analogy?) and imo, the preview of Reve's (new protagonist) fighting style looks so badass it's weird he's in a hentai game.
With that last note on the end there... Yeah, I do agree though. It's like slapping spoilers and wings on a street car. Looks neat, but what's the point?

I personally don't mind Wolf RPG, as it's easy for me to take apart and put back together. Before that far superior translation patch for Parade Buster was around, I was able to slap together my own machine+common sense+limited knowledge of Japanese translation for it. While I didn't do anything to Smashboy, the option to easily tinker the game's text is nice to have.
Buuut I disagree with that control reasoning for a simple reason: having a free hand for multitasking. It allowed me to stay hydrated while I played, and get that occasional itch without losing half of my control on the game.
also beat my meeeeaaa--

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Nov 19, 2013
I just feel like his first three titles had a well-done vibe. After the weirdness of his last title, I hope he takes a step back to a less complicated... Bore?
Not saying it was bad, just that I didn't particularly enjoy it myself. Maybe this one has some polish to it.
Speaking of, I hope he spends time on this one as well. A rushed game is a cheap one imo.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Jul 26, 2013
Yeah, that's a good thing to point out.... his previous games were uncomplicated and could be played with one hand. While Smash Boy could be played with one hand also, I switched to keyboard controls ASAP because playing this with a mouse was just bad. Beat-em-ups aren't good to play one-handed.

And while Smash Boy could be played one-handed, it was extremely complicated instead. It felt more like a grind fest to get all the moves and upgrade them.... and then go back and use the one setup you liked from the early stages in the game and go back to that.

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Jul 9, 2014
Yeah, that's a good thing to point out.... his previous games were uncomplicated and could be played with one hand. While Smash Boy could be played with one hand also, I switched to keyboard controls ASAP because playing this with a mouse was just bad. Beat-em-ups aren't good to play one-handed.

And while Smash Boy could be played one-handed, it was extremely complicated instead. It felt more like a grind fest to get all the moves and upgrade them.... and then go back and use the one setup you liked from the early stages in the game and go back to that.
to be honest you could just spam continuous kicks and denial counter straight through the entire game.